키자니아 서울 . キッザニアソウル
The first thing that Mom told me when I knew that we were going to visit Kidzania Seoul 키자니아 서울, was that I should focus on jobs that I cannot experience in Singapore. So here we go!
From Exit 4 of Jamsil Station 잠실역, we walked for more than 5 mins to Kidzania. Mom had to ask for directions because she did not see any signage.
|From the exit, walk straight along outdoors all the way to the end of the building, |
until you spot the GAP store. In front of you would be the carpark, with a Kidzania signage
|Then make a left turn, and go towards the sheltered passageway|
|Then make another left turn, and you'll see the Kidzania entrance on the left|
|The reception area looks like the airport!|
|Collect the wrist tag, Kidzos etc here|
Popular Korean Brands
Mom said she always sees these brands in the Korean dramas or commercials ...
|Lotte Ghana Chocolate - get a free chocolate bar!|
|Welcome to Nongshim Snack R&D Centre|
|Keep the sticker - it will be used to label your prawn snack pack, and it's manufacture date|
|Signboard indicates the time the activity started, duration, Kidzos earned, max. no. of kids, staff|
|Earn a free prawn cracker snack ... which I gave to Grandma|
|Another Korean favourite - Dunkin Donuts|
|I think it looked a lot better before|
|Opening my bank account with Shinhan Bank|
|Samsung mobile design lab|
|Hankook Driver's License Test|
|Lotteria Hamburger - 25-min work|
|Bulgogi burger for lunch|
I had also "worked" in other Korean companies, and there were many more that I would like to try if I had more time.
|Korea Customs Service Officer|
|Solar-C Vitamin Research Institute|
|One pack of Vitamin C for home|
|Kellog's Chez Choco Cereal Factory - Korean branch|
|One for the road|
|Mercedes Benz Car Design Studio|
Other Interesting Jobs
Mom went around to check out other interesting jobs that I should try next time.
|Lotte Hotel & Resorts Hotelier|
|I wonder what goes on below?|
|Pulmone Wholesome Food Manufacturer|
|MBC Voice Acting Studio|
|Kidzania Special Force Training Centre - something mysterious in this building!|
|Chilsung Cider Bottling Plant|
|Paris Baguette Bakery|
|Korean Air steward|
|JTBC Golf Club|
|MBC Radio DJ|
Mom went missing sometimes because either she went to redeem her free Smoothie King drink, or she made some name labels.
|₩3000 for one sheet; there are cheaper ones outside Toys R Us next door|
|Redeemed a small cup of the bestseller Angel Food ₩4700|
|Parents Lounge on Level 3|
|Cafeteria served main meals|
After we finished, we next door to Lotte Mart for some supermarket shopping, and I got some Lego figurines from the Toys R Us store with the pocket money that I had saved.
|Quick look at the Kidzania store|
|We bought lots of stuff from the supermarket!|
- We reserved only the AM slot, and would have gone for the full-day slot if we had more time
- It is always interesting to visit Kidzanias in the different countries as they are often a representation of the country's economic, social and cultural vibes and values, and there may be opportunities for kids to make a friend in that country!
- There were very few visitors when we were there, in part due to the fact that it was a weekday, and I understand from the staff that it starts to get crowded from April onwards
- As with each Kidzania, the main language used is the local language. The facilitators can manage simple English, but there are some activities that non-native speakers will have to give it a miss since they require the use or understanding of the Korean language, e.g. Korean Medicine Clinic
- Lockers available for rent inside, at ₩1000
- The adult entrance fee had a special package that included a free drink
- Although we only bought a half day pass, other than an announcement that the first shift had ended, there was no pressure to exit the venue quickly
- For kids with the B.Kidzanian passport, bring it along to get a Kidzania Seoul seal sticker
Address: 서울특별시 송파구 올림픽로 240 (주) 롯데월드
Tel: +82 2-1544-5110
Directions: Click here
Opening Hours: 1000 - 1500 / 1500 - 1930 hours (2 shifts)
Admission Fees: Click here